Thursday, July 15, 2010

Third Try Is A Charm...I Hope.

After creating two other family blogs and never updating them, I have decided to give it another go.

So...third time is a charm! (My fingers are crossed).

Much has changed since I last "blogged":

1. We welcomed a daughter into our family. Audra Rae just so happened to be born on September 23--our boys were born on the 23rd of their birth months, as were our grandfathers'.

2. We moved into a bigger house 2 days after she was born.

3. My husband, Darrell, left for his 3rd deployment in the 5 years we have been married.

4. "We" requested orders to North Carolina and are looking into purchasing a home when we get there.

I guess those are the major events that I would mention to anyone I hadn't seen or spoken to in awhile.

We are now in mid-July and Homecoming Day shouldn't be too far off now. It's hard to comprehend that it's been over 6 months since Darrell left. But, here we are; still alive and thriving (with the exception of a few rough days). It hasn't been easy but with 3 kids now, I don't have time to mope around.

I took a trip to North Carolina in June to "recon the area" and fell in love with Wilmington. Darrell will work about an hour away from there at Camp Lejeune but there is a great little town called Hampstead that is about halfway between the two. Now all we can do is "hurry up and wait". Sigh. I have a hard time accepting that there is nothing I can do to get things moving and bugging Darrell about it every time he calls doesn't help either. If I sit back and let God have control, and trust in His perfect timing and plan, I can relax a lot more. 

Well, I hope to keep this updated more often for those people who aren't hardcore Facebookers and still have an interest in the happenings of our family. I don't know that there is anyone out there but at least it's something to do.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment