Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Changes, they are coming...

Turns out I haven't been able to blog as much as I'd hoped to. Sigh. What do you do? I have several blog ideas and I don't ever seem to get the time to see them through. But today, it has to be done.

Most people who read this probably already know the updates in our life so I don't always find it necessary to post them on the blog. However, many there are a few people who don't.

Darrell has his orders to North Carolina and we are planning to leave the first week of January. I am thankful we will have one last Christmas here in California before the move; leaving my family days before Christmas would probably make it even more difficult than it is already going to be.

Slowly we are explaining to the kids that we are moving to North Carolina; it is probably the only other state they are aware of because I traveled there this summer to house hunt and Darrell is there all this week. They understand we are moving, Mimi (my mom) will be far away and we won't be able to see her all the time like we do now. Mason's response was "But we will still see her sometimes right mommy?" The answer to that is YES! Hopefully every 3-4 months.

We know three other families who are PCSing (military term meaning Permanent Change of Station) about the same time we are and that will help. Plus I have a friend or two that already live there. Nevertheless, it is going to be very...interesting. I have no idea what it is like to live in a place where driving 60 mph is "frowned upon". (Note: the speed limit on the highway is 55). But there are many unknowns that come along with our life as a military family and we have to take them in stride and believe that the Lord will guide us, provide for us, and work out everything in the best way possible. There is freedom in that knowledge.

Mommy duties are calling...I will post again soon! (I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment