Sunday, August 1, 2010

Owen, where are you?



Owen had a rough Sunday once we got home from church. I don't know where it began but it culminated in him being sent to his room after lunch because he refused to stop screaming and crying because I wouldn't feed him (I gave him food of course but he wanted me to hand feed it to him). This was hour 3 of one of the kids screaming and crying for one reason or another and I decided it was quiet time. And everything was quiet...except for Owen. I told him to stay in his room until he was done and after he could watch "Curious George" with Mason. A few minutes later I heard him in the hallway and promptly told him that if he still needed to cry, he needed to go to his room. I heard him slam his door and decided that I would nurse Audra (who was also crying). After about 15 minutes I heard nothing. 'Hmm' I thought. 'I wonder if he went to sleep or if he's watching TV with Mason'. I checked in Mason's room, no Owen. So I open Owen's door quietly and I don't see him. 'Hmm. Owen, where are you?' I kind of begin to panic at this point because we have very low windows that I always keep locked but what if??? Before I totally panic I decide to check my room, Audra's room and he is still nowhere to be found. 'Okay. I will check in his room one more time'. I open his closet and here is what I found...


He went into his closet, closed the door, and fell asleep in one of the bins. Sweetheart. I couldn't decide if I should move him or leave him there but I figured he might be more comfortable on his bed so I moved him.


1 comment:

  1. he put him self in the corner..thats too cute.how could you be mad after that.its the little things in life that means the most.your a wonderful mother i dont know how you do it your amazing.at least he knew he was wrong.love you wish i was there to help you.

    ReplyDelete